CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 3, 2007

We're still alive!!!

I have gotten quite a few emails wondering if we had fallen off the face of the earth...sorry I haven't updated sooner! Things have been busy, to say the least :)



I am much too tired to give an indepth update, but I have worked 5 birth room shifts since getting here and have observed in 2 births and assisted in another 2. All healthy babies around 7 lbs each. That is big around here!



Carlie is doing better. Still not her completely normal self, but I doubt she will get to be "normal" again until we get home. Living in a house with many other people mean that I give in to her more than if we were at home just to keep her quiet and to keep the peace.



I am pretty sure when we get home, she is never going to want to ride in a carseat. Our main form of transportation is either a taxi (non of which have seatbelts) or a Trici-cab, which is nothing more than a cart attached to a scooter. I am still amazed that you can get 4 people plus the driver on that one scooter! Traffic here is a doozy. I was warned, but until you are in it, you can't really understand it. There are no traffic rules or if there are, they aren't followed. It is every man for himself. I do a lot of praying when we are on the streets :)



The people here are so wonderful. They absolutely adore Carlie and she is soaking it all in. She has the pageant wave down pat.



I promise I will get pictures soon. I work a double shift tomorrow afternoon and night, so maybe I might have a couple minutes to get it done.

Thanks everyone for your love, support and prayers!

7 comments:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

I kept checking for updates! So good to hear that you're both doing fine! Can't wait to see some pictures! :-)

Unknown said...

Hang in there!!! Sounds like Carlie knows just what she's doing ;) Ahhh, 2 year olds!!! Thanks for the update, we're keeping you in our prayers daily and we miss you! Can't wait to see pics and hear about the births! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited you got this opportunity to do something so exciting! I'm enjoying your blog and hearing about what you're doing. Can't wait to see some pics soon.

Anonymous said...

(((((Laura)))) I can't wait to see pics!!!! Try your best to stay rested!! Miss you!!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

how exciting. I had been checking for updates. glad to hear everything is going well. OH, and its another boy. JIC you were wondering.

Anonymous said...

your doing great!!! Would love to see pictures. God bless
Miss ya,
Tena

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!! Wonderful to hear from you!