CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Spoke too soon...

I had my first transport today. It was a 3rd time mom who would not progress. We believe the baby's head was too big to enter the pelvis. The ride to the hospital wasn't as scary as the last...not sure if I am used to it or if the guard didn't drive as fast.

When we got to the hospital, we were processed fast. The mom was exhausted and wanted a csection at that point. We are not able to stay with the patient after they are checked in, so we left her there, praying that baby and mom would be safe.

Today, I saw something at the hospital, I hadn't seen last time, but had heard about. In a room, right off of the ER entrance, called the Resuscitation Room, there were 5 or 6 beds, all with patients in them ranging in ages from around 3 to elderly. There were no machines, there were no doctors or nurses, just a family member next to each bed with a resuscitation bag pumping air into their loved ones lungs. They don't have the option to stop because if they do, the patient dies. It was heart breaking and words can't really describe the scene or the emotion. The hospital is everything that had been described to me, but you cannot even begin to get what it is like until you have seen it and been there.

I will go back to the hospital tomorrow and check in on my patient. I am praying that she was able to have the baby vaginally as this is an easier recovery, better for both mom and baby and less expensive, but really, the only thing that matters is that baby and mom are safe and healthy.

My throat is a bit sore today. I am nervous that I might be coming down with strep again. I had some other students pray with me this morning and I am trusting in God's protection over us while we are here.

Please also keep Ben in your prayers. He has been hit with many obstacles in regards to our business while I have been gone. We are still having employee issues and now we are dealing with the IRS in regards to an issue from before we owned the business. It is a bit much for him and I wish I could do more.

I am working a 16 hour shift this afternoon and hope to get some pictures posted. Check back in :)

0 comments: