CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

First Shift

I worked the swing shift (2pm-10pm) tonight and it was pretty uneventful. We had two first time moms who labored, but when I left, the babies were still a long time from coming. A little anti-climatic, but it was nice to just be able to sit, get to know the other midwives and the clinic. Hopefully when I work on Tuesday, we will have some action.

Carlie is still having a tough time. She hasn't eaten much at all since we have been here. In the last 24 hours, she has had about 10 crackers, some popcorn and a pb&j sandwich. For anyone that knows her, you know that is not much for her. Please continue your prayers that she adjusts quickly and the least painfully for all involved.

We had an amazing down pour tonight when I was in the clinic. In Utah, the rain isn't usually a good thing because of the business, but here, it is just so beautiful. I felt so refreshed just hearing and smelling it.

I am heading off to bed where I hopefully can get a good night's rest...if Carlie cooperates...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

((((Laura)))) Just thought you could use a hug! :) Praying Carlie will adjust well and I hope you got some sleep! Does she have any favorite foods here that you can make there for her? Is she just not eating because it's the one thing she can control right now? Hope she settles in soon :) Love you

Anonymous said...

((((((((Laura)))))))) I hope things get a bit easier as you all adjust to the new surroundings!!

Anonymous said...

I hope she adjusts soon. I'm sure that she'll start to eat and sleep better once she grows more accustomed to her surroundings. I keep checking back to see if theres any new news from you, its exciting to hear how things are going. ((hugs)) post again soon.

Anonymous said...

(((Laura))) I hope Carlie starts adjusting soon...I bet it is hard. You are a wonderful person and I am so happy you are getting this opportunity, because you deserve it! Love ya!

-amanda
(chacha)

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Your a trooper and I cannot wait to see your next blog post. Wishing you all the best. I hope Carlie started eating soon. It is always scary when they cut down on the food consumption. Anything in particular she is fond of that you cannot get there and need sent?