CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Samal Island Jeepney Tour

Can you tell I have some extra time during a shift and the internet is actually working on a continual basis? :)

On August 10, my mom, Carlie and I went on a tour of Samal Island, which is only a 5-7 minute boat road from Davao City. We loaded up into this "jeepney" and off we went.





I thought this was such a neat tree. Had to get a picture of it!
When we got off at one of our stops, this man was walking down the dirt road. He has a durian - a type of native fruit - balanced on his head.


About half way through the tour, we stopped at some caves that held the world's largest gathering of bats. There are an estimated 1.3 million bats there. It was unbelievable! Carlie could not be convinced that they were bats, instead she said they were birdies.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, your pictures are absolutely amazing. I've smiled and been heartbroken reading of your journey. Thank you so much for sharing with us! Be safe mama.

((( )))

Unknown said...

I love seeing all those mommas worshipping :) What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the worship picture with all the varying size pregnancy bellies.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! A and D are very impressed with the bat cave. :o)
And I love that cutie-bum in her pink suit.LOL

In our Singapore Math thekids have had to do problems dealing with mangoes papaya and durians... nice to see what one actually looks like. They are much bigger than I imagined. Have you had a chance to try them?
Can't wait to see you and hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics, Laura. Just amazing. Thinking of you often ((((Hugs))))