CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

2nd Catch

I just got off of swing shift after doing prenatal clinic today. Man has this been an awesome day. I really feel like I am getting in the swing of things and am not so awkward.

I observed a birth early on in my shift and then went back to my laboring mom. She was a first time mom whose labor had already been going on for 18+ hours. Her labor was different...at times it seemed to stop completely and at other times it was very hard. The mom was a trooper and did awesome. At 6:46 this evening, Axcel Troy was born. He had apgars of 8/9 and is just perfect. Mom has an intact perineum, which doesn't usually happen here - especially for first time moms.

I really felt like I was able to minister to this mom today, regardless of the language barrier. We prayed together when it got really hard and she did amazing.

I am so blessed to be a midwife.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're awesome. :) God's awesome. :) He's working in you and I can see how He's drawing you near to Him and you're realizing what He has in store for you. These women are blessed to have you there for them, a strong faithful woman who is meeting their very real needs. This is your time!

Love you

Shana said...

Laura it is so amazing what you are doing and it is so special that you are sharing it with us. Thank you. I hope the rest of your time there is as great as it has been for you.