CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Answered Prayers

Today has been amazing. I left the birth room last night after working 16 hours. I had one transport and one patient I had sent home. I was bummed.

I woke up this morning at nearly 10 am. My mom took Carlie and let me sleep in. It was wonderful! I have been up most mornings around 5 am, so this was a nice treat...gotta love the Granny Nanny, as we have affectionately nicknamed her.
So on to answered prayers...

1. I woke up this morning and my sore throat is gone. I feel so much better.

2. My mom, Carlie and I went to go visit the patient I transported yesterday morning. We got to the hospital and found her right away. She was able to have a vaginal birth a little less than an hour after we dropped her off and both mom and baby are healthy! Mary Fe, the mom, was very pleased with the way things turned out and kept thanking me for the support she received during her time at Mercy. We prayed together and then she asked me for my email address. I was surprised to hear that she had email, but was very happy to give mine. I hope that we can keep in touch.
Here is a pic of baby Hector, Mary Fe, Carlie and me.


3. While at the hospital, I also saw, Aris, the 16 year old mom who lost her baby earlier in the week. She looked much better than the other day I had seen her, but I know she is still hurting. I didn't ask for any specifics, just let her know that we were praying for her.

4. Lisa, another intern here, dropped by the house this afternoon and offered me on of her patients who was in active labor. I rushed over to the clinic and took over. A 6 lb 3 oz baby boy was born at 8:27 this evening...he was slow to start, but once we got him going, he has been vigorous and is doing great. Mom lost a good amount of blood with the placenta and had an issue with blood pressure (low), pulse (high) and temp (high), but after we started an IV, she is doing much better.

So, my day was great. As I near the time to leave, I am realizing how much I am going to miss being here. I love the people and they bless me with their welcoming, kind and gentle spirits. I am so blessed to have been given this opportunity.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love reading your blog. How exciting for you, your daughter and Mom!

Unknown said...

Praise God for answered prayers! :) And YEAH to sleep!! I know you needed it!! :)