CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Prenatals

Since being here, I have typically been on the Tuesday team for my prenatals with a couple Fridays thrown in. I have really enjoyed this time to worship with the women, have a small devotional with the other midwives and get to know the patients prior to the hard work labor entails. I have been so blessed by the Filippinas kind and gentle spirit.

Here are how prenatal clinics run... The women start gathering outside the clinic as early as 6 am to sign in, as they are taken first come first seen. At 8 am, they are taken upstairs to the waiting room where their blood pressure, weight and hemotocrit (if needed) are taken. Then comes joint worship, sometimes the songs are in Visayan and sometimes they are in English. After worship comes Health Teaching. The topics can range from fetal development, breastfeeding, family planning, nutrition, etc. After the Health Teaching, the actual prenatals start. They aren't the one hour appointments we do at home, but they are receiving much superior care here then elsewhere.



Ate Susan doing a Health Teaching - she is amazing!





This is the room we do prenatals in. All the curtains come down for privacy and the air con comes on. It is so nice :)


The banas (husbands/boyfriends) all wait outside for the moms to get done. You can see the tricicabs through the window.

I have been trying to embed this video of worship time, but my connection isn't allowing it. You can see it here though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTOG-w4Bl10 I just think it is beautiful.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The facility looks amazing! I am so glad that they have adequate space. It looks very clean and nice.
I wish I was there with you! ...even though I've never been on that side of a birth.. teehee.