CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's amazing...

how a little bit of sleep helps you deal with life better. Yesterday was pretty hard on me. I had wondered what I had gotten myself into being in a foreign land so far from my family, but this morning, I am feeling much better about life and excited for my shift this afternoon.

Carlie slept pretty well considering the time difference is 14 hours ahead from being at home. She woke up around 11 pm and was hungry, so she had a sandwich and back to bed we went. She woke on and off all night, but I think she is getting used to the time change. We had a power outtage for about 2-3 hours last night, so with no fans going it got a little hot and sticky, but not nearly as bad as I had anticipating it to be.

I think we are going to brave going to the "mall" this afternoon by ourselves. We went yesterday to do a little grocery shopping and to get some flip flops to wear in the house, but I do need to get some more food as Carlie is not accustomed to the food options here. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying she adjusts well so that your adjustment goes just as smoothly. Praying also for your mom (Hi Momma Jean!) as she cares for Carlie.

We love you!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

glad today seemed better. the time difference is an interesting adjustment. I am just heading off to bed, but I will be checking back in soon. love you.

Anonymous said...

((((carlie))))
I hope she adjusts fast to the change. Thinking of you guys a lot.
xoxoxoox