CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thoughts...

The planning for this trip seems to be very much like a pregnancy...the beginning planning stages seemed to go so fast, but the final month before I leave is just dragging on. Days seem to last forever. I just want the 26th to be here already.

I am starting to feel a bit anxious about the trip. Mostly about being gone from my family for so long. 5 weeks is a really long time. I feel so blessed that my dad, gramma and mother-in-law and father-in-law are giving so freely of their time, so that they can be with the kids while Ben works. Childcare has been all figured out and Ben will only have to take 2 days off total while I am gone. It does give me loads of relief to know that the kids will be taken care of from the best people possible, if I can't be there. I am sure they are going to get spoiled! God is so good!

Ben and I were up talking late one night this week and I realized something...I will be arriving in Davao City exactly 4 years to the date from my surgery. I guess this experience is all very surreal and it makes me realize all that I have to be grateful for. Sure, the past three years here in Utah were not what we bargained for, but God has been with us every step of the way. Going through the hard times, it is always so hard to feel and see that, but it is times like this, that it is so obvious.

We leave 12 days from today, but hey, who's counting? :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, it's coming up so soon, and I don't think it's any coincidence that you're leaving on the anniv of your surgery. God has brought you full circle and He is in control and showing you the many blessings He's bestowed on your family in the last 4 years!!!

I'm gonna miss you!!!!!!!!

Love, Me

Anonymous said...

I think it is so wonderful that this opportunity is available for you, your Mom, and you little baby! What a wonderful testimony of God's grace to you and your family. I know that time is now ticking by (been there, done that, got the T shirt.)

SO I thought I would share some news... I am pregnant~! What do you think about that? Baby number 6, but who is counting??

Love ya. Will be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so pround of you and the work you are doing in your life. You are using God's blessings to help others. It is absolutely wonderful and exciting. I am so thrilled for you!