CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Reflections

This time of year always brings back many memories and reminds me of all the blessings in my life.

For those of you that don't know, my Maddie is going to be 4 tomorrow. Four years ago, I was dying from a then unknown softball size mass in my neck. Shortly after she was born, the mass was found. At first the diagnosis was cancer. I was terrified. I was 23 years old and had 3 kids ranging in ages from newborn to not even 4 years old. I was so afraid of leaving them behind and really felt like my life's work had not been done yet. Thankfully, it was not cancer and the Lord used the hands of surgeons to heal me.

So, four years later, the little girl I didn't know if I was going to get to see grow up is turning another year older and I am preparing to fulfill part of my life's work. I can't say that I would want to go through it again, but I am so thankful to be where I am today. We serve such an awesome God!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hop and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a blessing it is that you're well and able to see your family grow. You definitely have a purpose here...God still has work for you to do:)

Unknown said...

Happy belated bday to Miss Maddie! :)

Anonymous said...

Laura! You have me in tears. I have been through a simlar situation, as you know. And, I too, am thankful now for the refiner's fire. He is indeed an Awesome God. XO Christi~me

Anonymous said...

Laura, you brought me to tears, I remember that time so well. Right after I had to leave you, my best friend in LA. God sure worked a miracle on you back then... and Happy Birthday to little miss Maddie (sorry I'm late). (((hugs))) and we miss you