CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Why now?

So, we spent last night in the E.R. To make a long and painful story (Katie's wording) short, Katie got kicked in the head by a horse last night.
She was a trooper! She needed 3 stitches to the protective tissue around the skull, 2 internal skin stitches and 6 external stitches.

The doctor at the E.R. expected a skull fracture and concussion, but thank God, she just has a nasty gash. It could have been so much worse.

It is mostly on her scalp, so scaring shouldn't be a huge issue. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't come out great because the stitches match her hair.

I was nervous about leaving prior to this and now I am feeling it even more so. I can't imagine something else like this happening when I am on the other side of the world.

So, prayers would be appreciated for my nerves and for Katie's speedy recovery.

2 comments:

Sadie said...

Sabrina says "Get well soon, Katie!!!!"

Kris said...

That is scary. Praying all goes well while you are gone.