CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sooo.....

We have been home now a little over a week. The plane ride home was fantastic. Carlie did so well - not sure if it was because of all the prayers or benedryl, but thank God. I could not have handled two hours of screaming and no sleeping on the way home. There was tons of security to go through. I think we were checked a total of six times before we were allowed to board in Manila. It was a bit much.

This past week has been pretty hard on me emotionally. I think I am dealing with a bit of culture shock being home and just a general feeling of my work not being done at Mercy. The first three weeks were so hard on me emotionally. I was so tired and homesick. If it weren't for my pride, I probably would have come home then. I think that is why it has been so surprising for me to feel a really longing to be back there.

I feel so blessed to have been able to make this trek thousands of miles from home and serve these people, but I have to say, I think I got more out of it then them :)

I am going to be adding some updates from days past...pictures and stories. I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for all your support!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember feeling that way when I came home from Mexico, but you never know how the Lord will use you and the work that you did there long after you are gone. You gave and it is up to Hime to do the real work in people's lives! I am so proud of you for going. I'm so glad you are all home safely! Call me for a get-together. I'd love to see you!
Christi~Me~momo7

Christine Fiscer, Birthkeeper said...

I'm SOOOOO excited for you and your solo catch!!! Are you excited? Nervous? Anxious? You'll have to tell me all about it when it happens. When is/was mom due?

: )

Joyce said...

Glad your trip home went well. I know exactly how your feel, sort of a weird emotional culture shock.
Let's stay in touch.
Joyce

Christine Fiscer, Birthkeeper said...

What? No more posts?? Come on lady, update about clients, births, etc!! : )

Laura said...

What can I say? Life is busy around here. I promise more pictures and updates soon!

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

So . . . what is happening now with your big adventure?? We want an update! :-D